The art project allows the members of a community, to upload their images locally via computer and mobile phone to the server by a myMatrix project. For thousands of images a three-dimensional mosaic is calculated.
New Flyer 2016
This mosaic is provided online or offline. Participants can navigate in this three-dimensional imagery via console or via touch screen. The auto flight mode navigates independently at random through the entire cosmos of images.
- The 1,000 participants of the JavaLand-community 2015 made a big picture which everyone is invited to upload his impressions via smartphone.
- The participants of the I AM WE_usermeeting 2015 in Luxembourg explored the town a few days with photographs. The result was then presented to the public at the Luxembourg-Festival.
- The 1,600 students at the College of Art and Design University of Technology Beijing 2015 brought their cosmos of pictures into a huge matrix.
- The around 10.000 attendees of the JavaOne-conference uploaded their pictures of the this years event onto the myMatrix-Server for a big picture. Also the pictures of 20 years of Java was seen with a Matrix at the opening of the conference.(25.-29.10.2015).
- The images of the participants in the interactive network art project I AM WE_IDENTITY are collected in a matrix and presented at art exhibitions and corresponding events. You will be informed about the current status of this matrix and can see this on video at any time.
The development partnership
The collaboration with the IF-Lab of InterFace AG, Unterhaching near Munich - with support from the Technical University of Munich, Department of computer science - and media artist Wolf Nkole Helzle is a server-based Web application.